|(£0.00 Inc. VAT) |
|Product code: MF-F-PR-5000|
The Metal X by Markforged revolutionises the 3D printer market by offering precision 3D printing in a variety of metals as a complete metal solution, ideally suited for creating key components, custom parts and spare parts within the automotive, aerospace and industrial markets. The Metal X is available with a Markforged Customer Support Plan.
The Markforged Metal X uses a process of Atomic Diffusion Additive Manufacturing (ADAM). Printing metal powder bound in plastic a layer at a time, that, once washed and sintered, fuses into metal to produce parts with excellent mechanical properties. The part is automatically scaled within Eiger to compensate for shrinkage during the sintering process.
The Metal X is designed to print in a variety of metals including:
- 17-4PH Stainless Steel: good combination of high strength, corrosion resistance and hardness
- H13 Tool Steel: alloyed with chromium, molybdenum & vanadium
- A2 Tool Steel: air-hardened with excellent impact resistance
- D2 Tool Steel: high hardness cold working tool steel with excellent wear resistance
- IN Alloy (Inconel) 625: Nickel-based superalloy with good chemical and heat resistance, and strength
- Copper: soft, ductile metal with high thermal and electrical conductivity
- Titanium Ti-6Al-4V (Beta): Bio-compatible material with high tensile strength and fatigue resistance. Bears highest strength-to-weight ratio of any metal
- 316L Stainless Steel (Beta): A marine-grade stainless steel, exhibits very good corrosion resistance and excellent weldability
The Metal X has a Z-layer resolution of 50 microns and comes with advanced print software called Eiger. The cloud-based software requires Internet access and is only accessible through Google Chrome browser. Should your premises have IT security restrictions, please contact us about the offline software option for Eiger.
12 month manufacturer warranty
As a Markforged Value Added Reseller, we are certified to provide our customers with escalated levels of technical support, service and maintenance packages and training, as well as preferential access to new product upgrades.