|(£0.00 Inc. VAT) |
|Product code: MF-21466|
The Metal X by Markforged revolutionises the 3D printer market by offering precision 3D printing in a variety of metals as a complete metal solution (non-powder), ideally suited for creating key components, prototypes, custom parts and tooling within the automotive, aerospace and industrial markets. The Metal X is available with a Markforged Customer Support Plan.
The complete metal solution enables you to go from design to to fully-sintered part in as little as 28 hours.
The Markforged Metal X uses a process of Atomic Diffusion Additive Manufacturing (ADAM), printing metal powder bound in a plastic matrix to eliminate safety risks associated with traditional metal 3D printing methods while enabling new features like close-cell infill for reduced part weight and cost. Once washed and sintered, the printed part fuses into metal to produce parts with excellent mechanical properties. The part is automatically scaled within Eiger to compensate for shrinkage during the sintering process.
The Metal X is designed to print in a variety of metals including:
- 17-4PH Stainless Steel: good combination of high strength, corrosion resistance and hardness
- H13 Tool Steel: alloyed with chromium, molybdenum & vanadium
- A2 Tool Steel: air-hardened with excellent impact resistance
- D2 Tool Steel: high hardness cold working tool steel with excellent wear resistance
- IN Alloy (Inconel) 625: Nickel-based superalloy with good chemical and heat resistance, and strength
- Copper: soft, ductile metal with high thermal and electrical conductivity
- Titanium Ti-6Al-4V (Beta): Bio-compatible material with high tensile strength and fatigue resistance. Bears highest strength-to-weight ratio of any metal
- 316L Stainless Steel (Beta): A marine-grade stainless steel, exhibits very good corrosion resistance and excellent weldability
The Metal X comes with advanced print software Eiger Core included (operates on Google Chrome). Eiger Offline and advanced Eiger Fleet versions are available at an additional fee.
The Metal X also includes an external touch screen, door sensors and additional chamber insulation.
12 month manufacturer warranty
As a Markforged Value Added Reseller, we are certified to provide our customers with escalated levels of technical support, service and maintenance packages and training, as well as preferential access to new product upgrades.